- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices rye bread (or gluten free bread)
- 50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Korean chilli flakes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 Halve the avocadoes, remove the stones, and scoop the flesh out neatly. Slice in fine parallel lines, then spread gently to make a fan. Coil gently to make a rose.
2 Put the eggs into a saucepan of cold water. Set over a moderate heat and bring to a high simmer. Cook for 3 minutes, then remove from the water and peel. Halve with a damp knife.
3 Toast the rye or gluten free bread until crisp. Pour the oil into a skillet set over a high heat. From the garlic for 1 minute, then add the spinach and lemon zest, cooking until wilted.
4 Place the avocado rose on the toast, season with salt and pepper, then scatter with Korean chilli flakes. Make small piles of spinach, then arrange the eggs on top.