- 4 chicken Marylands (thigh with drumstick attached)
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp capers
- ½ cup green olives, halved
- 2 Tbsp vermouth
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups mixed baby tomatoes
- 4 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- ½ bunch basil leaves
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
1 Set a large lidded saucepan over a moderate heat and sear the chicken Marylands until well-browned. Set aside. Fry the onion, garlic and anchovies in the same saucepan, with the olive oil for 4 minutes, until softened. Add the capers and olives and cook for 2 minutes.
2 Pour in the vermouth and stock and bring to a simmer, then return the chicken, reduce the heat to low, and cook gently for 10 minutes. Mix in the tomatoes and simmer for 5 more minutes, until the chicken is just cooked. Mix in the herbs, season with salt and pepper, then serve.