- 4 dried pasilla chillies, seeded and stemmed
- 2 chorizo sausages, finely diced
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 long green chilli, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- 2 x 400g can cherry tomatoes
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp honey
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 cups plain tortilla chips
- 1 cup queso freco, crumbled*
- 1 cup red Leicester cheese, grated
- 8 eggs
- radish salsa and lime wedges, to serve
1 Soak the dried pasilla chillies in warm water for 5 minutes then drain and chop finely. Sauté the chorizo, onion and garlic in extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan over a moderate heat for 5 minutes, until softened. Mix in the green chilli, pasilla chillies and spices, then cook for 2 minutes.
2 Mix in the tomatoes, lime juice and honey, then season generously with salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, until thickened.
3 Arrange the tortillas in individual skillets, top with tomato sauce, scatter with cheeses, then bake for 3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Meanwhile, fry the eggs until sunny side up, then place on top. Serve with radish salsa and lime wedges.
*If unavailable, use feta instead