- 1 cup plain flour
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 eggs
- large pinch fine salt
- 1 tsp ground lemon myrtle
- 1 head wild fennel tops, very finely shaved
- ½ red onion, very finely shaved
- 4 baby cucumbers, shaved
- 2 Tbsp pistachios, tasted and chopped
- ½ bunch dill, chopped
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- 250g hot-smoked trout, flaked
- pearls of 1 finger lime
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 Combine the flour, water, eggs, salt and lemon myrtle in a jug and purée with a stock blender until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve.
2 Toss the fennel onion, cucumbers, pistachios and dill in a bowl, then season generously with salt and pepper.
3 Sprinkle a crepe pan with cooking oil spray, then pour in ¼ cup in, swirling to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook for 1 minute, until almost dry to touch, then flip over and cook for a further 30 seconds. Repeat with the remaining batter.
4 Spread the crepes with crème fraiche, then top with the trout and fennel mixture, then top with finger lime pearls.