- 600g calamari hoods, cleaned
- 4 juniper berries, crushed
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 16 extra large green King prawns
- cooking oil spray
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 2 cups frisee lettuce leaves
- 2 avocadoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 100g pine nuts, toasted
- ½ bunch mint leaves
1 Slice up one side of the calamari hoods and place inside upwards on the chopping board. Use a small sharp knife to cut a fine cross hatch pattern, then slice into 4cm squares. Combine in a bowl with the juniper berries, lemon zest and 100ml olive oil, then set aside to marinate for 30 minutes. Thread the prawns onto metal skewers.
2 Drain the calamari and cook on a hot barbecue grill for 3 minutes, until curled and just firm. Remove from the grill and season with salt and pepper. Toss with the frisee leaves Sprinkle with prawns with cooking oil spray and cook on a hot barbecue grill for 3 minutes, turning several times, until pink and firm.
3 Meanwhile, toss the avocadoes, onion, pine nuts and mint in a large bowl, then drizzle with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice, season lightly with salt and pepper. Arrange the seafood around the salad and serve.