- 1 cup marsala wine
- ⅔ cup raisins
- 4 cups plain flour
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 300g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup blanched almonds, chopped
- ½ cup cedro, finely diced
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup glace cherries, chopped
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine the wine and raisins in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
2 Combine the flour, sugar and butter in a bowl and rub well to mix. Add the egg white and marinated raisins, then continue mixing until a dough forms. Add the almonds, cedro, pine nuts and cherries.
3 Press into a 25cm x 35cm rectangle on a lined oven tray, then bake for 40 minutes, until golden and just set.