- 4 x 200g striploin steaks
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 2 bunches baby carrots, peeled
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, cracked
- finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- sea salt flakes and black pepper
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- 8 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 Tbsp green olive tapenade
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 100g goats’ cheese, crumbled
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Rub the steaks with 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and the harissa, then set aside. Toss the carrots, spices, zest and 2 Tbsp oil, season with salt and a generous amount of pepper, then bake for 40 minutes.
2 Fry the chickpeas and garlic in the remaining olive oil in a pan over a high heat for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and mix in the olive tapenade and parsley.
3 Fry the steaks on a hot barbecue grill for 8 minutes, turning several times, until medium. Allow to rest, then carve and serve with the carrots, chickpeas and goats’ cheese.