- 1kg small Bintje potatoes
- 2 bunches asparagus, cut into 5cm lengths
- ½ cup green olives, halved
- 1 cup onion sprouts
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ½ bunch chives, very finely sliced
- ½ cup aioli
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced horseradish
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground white pepper
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
1 Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of cold. salted water and set over a moderate heat. Cook very gently of 1 hour, until the potatoes are just tender. Drain, then set aside to cool slowly. Slice in half.
2 Blanch the asparagus pieces in boiling water, then refresh under cold running water. Mix gently with the potatoes, olives, sprouts, mint and chives.
3 In a separate bowl, whisk the aioli, buttermilk, garlic, horseradish and olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
COOK’S NOTES: Bintje potatoes are a creamy and delicate potato available from good grocers. If unavailable, look for Kipflers, Spuntas or Kestrels