- 4 x 350g Black Angus T-bone steaks
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ head radicchio, torn
- 1 punnet baby cucumbers, finely sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ¼ bunch mint leaves, torn
- 1 Tbsp cherry vinegar
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 Use a sharp knife to make a series of cuts into the side of each steak, then season generously with salt and rub with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Set aside for 2 minutes.
2 Set the steaks on a hot barbecue grill and cook for 8 minutes, rotating and turning every 30 seconds, until the steaks are well-browned and medium-rare. Drizzle with lemon juice and top with a generous grind of pepper, then set aside to rest for 3 minutes.
3 Toss the radicchio, cucumbers, onion and mint in a large bowl. Dress with the vinegar, remaining oil and a generously amount of salt and pepper. Serve with the steaks.