- 750g mixed heirloom carrots, peeled
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 2 cups mâché leaves
- ¼ bunch mint leaves, torn
- ¼ bunch tarragon leaves, torn
- 16 Medjool dates, quartered
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp grated horseradish
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: nil
1 Slice the carrots finely on a mandoline, then toss with a generous amount of salt and set aside for 1 hour to softened. Rinse thoroughly, then dry well. Peel the grapefruits and remove the segments with a small knife.
2 Combine the mâché and herbs in a bowl and toss to combine. Add the carrots, grapefruit segments and dates, then mix again. Whisk the oil, lime juice and horseradish, season with salt ad pepper, then drizzle over.