- 2 rashers bacon, finely diced
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large starchy potatoes*
- ½ bunch thyme, chopped
- ½ cup finely-grated Parmesan
- sea salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- rocket salad, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Fry the bacon, onion and garlic in 1 Tbsp butter in a pan over a low heat for 5 minutes, until lightly-browned. Peel the potatoes and cut into fine batons on a mandoline slicer.
2 Combine the onion mixture, potatoes, remaining butter, thyme and Parmesan in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Press into ½ cup muffin moulds then bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden. Serve with rocket salad.