- 4 chicken thigh fillets
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- 300g macaroni
- 1 bunch parsley leaves
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 green shallots, finely sliced
- 1 punnet baby tomatoes
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 bunch watercress leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets (opt.)
- finely-grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup aioli
- 1 tsp Tabasco
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 Place the chicken thigh fillets in a medium saucepan of cold water with 1 tsp salt. Set over a moderate heat until barely simmering, then reduce the heat to low and cook gently until the chicken is just firm. Set aside to cool, then shred.
2 Cook the pasta according to packet instructions until al dente, then cook for 1 more minute. Strain, cool under cold running water, then drain thoroughly. Toss with the chicken, parsley, almonds, shallots and tomatoes.
3 Combine the remaining ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the salad.