- 1 red onion, very finely diced
- 12 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 tsp mild chilli flakes
- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 2 Tbsp harissa paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 x 200g fish steaks
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground white pepper
1 Sauté the onion, garlic, rosemary and caraway seeds in extra virgin olive oil in a large pan set over a moderate heat for 5 minutes, until just softened. Add the tomato paste, chilli, paprika, raw sugar and harissa, then cook briefly.
2 Mix in the stock and bring to a bare simmer, then add the fish steaks. Cook, basting often, for 5 minutes. Turn the fish over and repeat. Season with salt and pepper.