- 4 sticks celery, thickly sliced
- 4 eschalots, sliced
- 1 head fennel, thinly sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 1L fish stock
- 4 blue swimmer crabs, cleaned
- Sea salt flakes and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 bunch basil leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch marjoram, finely chopped
1 Sauté the celery, eschalots, fennel, garlic and fennel seeds in the olive oil in a large saucepan over a moderate heat for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the tomato paste and paprika, cook briefly, then add the stock and bring to a simmer.
2 Break the crabs into pieces, then add to the saucepan, simmer gently for 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper. Fold in the herbs.