- 350g gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 200g pumpkin, peeled and sliced
- 1 head fennel, sliced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- 400g ricotta cheese
- 1 cup finely-grated Parmesan
- 1L best-quality tomato passata
- 2 cups chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1 bunch basil leaves
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1½ hours
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the flour, xanthan gum and fine slat in the bowl of a
food processor, then pulse to combine. Whisk the eggs and yolks, then add to the mixer
with the motor running, and processor until a dough forms. Wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2 Toss the vegetables in extra virgin olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
Arrange in a baking dish, then roast for 20 minutes, until just softened. Whisk the ricotta
and Parmesan in a bowl.
3 Roll out the past dough to 3mm thick, then cut into five sheets each 35cm x 25cm.
Spread ½ cup passata in the bottom of a 4½ L baking dish, then place a pasta sheet on
top. Spread with ½ cup ricotta mixture, top with some vegetables, passata, spinach and
basil. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, finishing with ricotta. Top with mozzarella,
cover with foil, then bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil, then bake for a final 15 minutes.