- 500g waxy potatoes, steamed
- 2 eggs
- 180g plain flour
- salt and ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 red onion, shaved
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced finely
- 2 King oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup mixed exotic mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch oregano leaves
- 100g ricotta, crumbled
1 Sieve the potatoes while still hot, then combine gently with the eggs and flour. Season with salt and white pepper. Roll into 1cm thick strings, then cut into small lengths. Cook in rapidly boiling salted water until the float, then scoop out, drizzle with olive oil, and set aside.
2 Set a large frying pan over a high heat and fry the onions and garlic in butter briefly. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Mix in the gnocchi and fry briefly. Fold in the oregano and ricotta, then serve.