- 400g green tea noodles
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green shallots, very finely sliced
- 1 cup edamame beans, blanched
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ bunch coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli, seeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4cm piece ginger
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 300g firm tofu, diced
- 1 cup cornflour
- canola oil, for deep-frying
1 Cook the noodles in a saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well, then toss with the sesame oil, sesame seeds, shallots and edamame. Season with salt and pepper.
2 Combine the coriander, chilli, garlic, ginger, soy, honey, zest and juice in a small saucepan and set over a moderate heat, simmering for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
3 Toss the tofu in cornflour and season generously with salt and pepper. Fry in hot (180°C) canola oil until crisp, then drain on kitchen paper. Serve with the noodles and sauce.