- 1 piece pork scotch fillet (approx. 1kg)
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thickly-sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1½ cups port
- soft polenta, to serve
1 Season the pork with salt and pepper, then rub with olive oil. Set a large French oven over a moderate heat, then sear the pork on all sides for 5 minutes, turning often. Set aside.
2 Put the onions, garlic and bay leaves in the French oven and mix well, cooking for 2 minutes, until aromatic. Place the pork on top, then add the lemon zest and port. Fit the lid and cook over a low heat for 1 hour. Turn several times. Carve and serve with soft polenta and a drizzling of the pot juices.