- 16 small tomatoes, halved
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, picked
- 1 dragonfruit, peeled and iced
- 4 figs, quartered
- ½ bunch dill sprigs
- ¼ cup red mustard sprouts
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 bunch parsley leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- finely-grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- ½ cup aioli
- 1 tsp green Tabasco
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1½ hours
1 Preheat oven to 120°C. Toss the tomatoes with salt and pepper, then drizzle with half the olive oil. Arrange on a lined tray and bake for 1 ½ hours, until the tomatoes are wrinkled and shrunk. Allow to cool.
2 Combine the cucumbers, watercress, dragonfruit, fig, dill and mustard sprouts in a large bowl, add the tomatoes and mix again.
3 Put the chives, parsley, garlic, zest, juice, aioli and tabasco in a blender and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the salad.
COOK’S NOTES: Red mustard sprouts are widely available as small punnets in god grocers. They have a peppery and sharp flavour.