- ¼ cup currants
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 4 medium potatoes, finely sliced
- 150ml cream
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- ¼ bunch thyme, very finely sliced
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- 5 x 220g grass-fed striploin steaks
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups wakame salad
- ½ bunch parsley, very finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head radicchio, quartered
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1 Combine the currants and sherry in a small saucepan and set over a low heat, simmering until all the liquid has been absorbed. Set aside. Put the potatoes, currants, cream, butter, Parmesan and thyme in a bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. Mix well, then layer into a medium loaf pan. Cover with foil, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and weight down with a second medium loaf pan half-filled with water. Refrigerate until firm.
2 Finely dice one steak and toss with the Worcestershire sauce. Put in a food dehydrator for 5 hours, until completely firm. Grind to a powder. Put the wakame salad in the food dehydrator for 5 hours, until completely dry. Grind to a powder, then mix with the parsley.
3 Season the remaining steaks with salt and pepper, then drizzle with half the extra virgin olive oil, then grill for 10 minutes, turning several times, until medium. Drizzle the radicchio with the remaining oil and grill lightly. Dust the steak with seaweed powder and serve with slices of potato, radicchio and meat dust.