- 1kg carrots
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- ¾ cup golden raisins, chopped
- ½ cup dried apricots, diced
- ½ cup slivered pistachios
- ½ bunch mint leaves, torn
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pickle juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: nil
1 Peel then grate the carrots coarsely. Mix with the pomegranate seeds, onion, raisins, apricots, pistachios and mint, then toss well.
2 Combine the oil, pickle juice and mustard in a bowl, whisk well, then season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad.