- 2 red capsicums
- cooking oil spray
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ¼ bunch thyme leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 quantity Traditional Neapolitan Pizza Dough
- 2 cups best quality pizza sauce
- 250g smoked chicken shredded
- 200g aged gouda, grated
- ½ bunch parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup smoked almonds, finely chopped
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Sprinkle the capsicums with cooking oil spray, place in a roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes, until lightly blackened. Transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film and allow to cool. Peel, de-seed, then cut into strips.
2 Sauté the onions, garlic and thyme I half the olive oil for 10 minutes, until softened, then season with salt and pepper.
3 Divide the dough (find my recipe here) into four pieces, then roll each out to a 25cm disc. Spread with pizza sauce, then top with chicken, onions, capsicums and gouda. Bake on a hot stone for 8-10 minutes, until crisp. Top with the parsley and almonds.