- 6 rashers rindless bacon, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 quantity Traditional Neapolitan Pizza Dough
- 2 cups best quality pizza sauce
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 16 meatballs, halved
- 1 cup sliced Calabrese salami
- 1½ cup cups ricotta, crumbled
- 1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Fry the bacon pieces in extra virgin olive oil in a large pan over a moderate heat for 10 minutes, until crisp. Drain well.
2 Divide the dough (find my recipe here) into four pieces, then roll each out to a 25cm disc. Spread with a mixture of the pizza sauce and dried Italian herbs, then scatter with half the mozzarella. Top with the meatballs, bacon, salami and ricotta, then scatter with the remaining mozzarella.
3 Bake on a hot stone for 8-10 minutes, until crisp, then drizzle with the barbecue sauce.